Thursday, June 9, 2011

R&R and the arrival of Jaxon

Jeremy got to come home for R&R a couple days earlier than we originally thought. GREAT except I couldn't be induced any sooner.
We got to pick him up at the airport & even got passes to meet him at the gate. Again, GREAT except he caught an earlier flight into Nashville so we had to leave 2 1/2hrs earlier to get him and we weren't ready when he called AND his flight landed early. I had this vision of Jaydon running up to him at the gate with arms wide open but none of that happened as he was off the plane before we ever even made it thru security...go figure.
When Jaydon did see him he said a confused "da da?" I don't think he quite grasped we were actually picking daddy up in person! Once Jeremy got him out of his stroller though they were inseperable...at home Jaydon wouldn't let him out of his sight, tugging on his pants, crying if he left the room or house...lets just say it didn't take him (or any of us) long to readjust to daddy being home.
I didn't realize how pregnant or swollen I was until this picture... I went in to be induced the morning of May 31. After a 12hr labor with Jaydon I expected the same this time; boy was I wrong! It was my sisters birthday so we thought her & baby Queen would share a bday but as time ticked it became apparent that wasn't happening. This baby just wasnt ready. After12 hours & when I was having pretty good contractions, an internal contraction monitor thing was inserted because I wasn't dilating enough & by then I was ready for an epidural. After the fiasco with my epidural with Jaydon I was even more terrifed of getting one, but I wanted to enjoy his birth like I did Jaydons. I did have blood pressure issues after getting the epidural & once it was finally regulated all I wanted to do was sleep...so I slept the last 4hrs of labor. I also was falling asleep between pushes & throwing up...nice right?
So, after almost 20 hours of labor & 20min of pushing we welcomed Jaxon Ryker Queen into our world. He was 8lbs 1oz & 20in long--a big difference from little 6lb 12oz Jaydon



No comments:

Post a Comment