Sunday, June 19, 2011

A fatherless Father's Day

Even though he couldn't be here on actual Father's Day we were able to give Jeremy an early gift plus we mailed him a few surprises (which he hasn't gotten yet so I can't mention). I bought him a new grill from us & had it here & ready so he could use it while home on R&R. He was pretty excited for his fancy new RED grill.

I feel so blessed to have such a caring, thoughtful hands-on man as the father of my boys. When we first got together I knew he had a daughter but I had no clue what kind of father he would actually be. He is always more than willing to wrestle or build forts or just flat out be silly, he's always ready for some "man time", he lets me sleep in or do my own thing, and most importantly he has sacrificed so much for our family. I hear/read of complaints from women that their husbands/baby daddys are lazy or don't help out or are even MIA & I realize that, although I may not always agree with his way of doing things, I couldn't have wished for someone better to be my partner in parenthood. I can only pray that these boys take these traits from Jeremy & are the same kind of father to their children someday.

So from over 7000 miles away (& probably a day late) Happy Father's Day to the best daddy ever! We all love & miss you more than you could possibly ever know.






No comments:

Post a Comment