The first time we saw this ENT I was amazed at his bedside manner with a pediatric patient. He told Jaydon he had to look to see if there were monkeys in his ears! Because hes so monkey obsessed (& animal in general), that immediately set Jay at ease & he let him do what he needed to do. So I've basically gone with the monkeys in the ears thing to explain to him what's going on. You can even ask him where the monkeys are/were & he'll make his monkey sound & point to his ears. As you might to imagine, explaining a surgery to a 22mth old isn't exactly easy...so I told him the Dr had to get the monkeys out of his ears so they will feel better. I even went so far to buy a Fur Real pet monkey that I gave him after surgery to show him they got the monkeys out of his ears...crazy? Maybe but hey, it's worked :) Especially since we have to do ear drops for 7 days & wear ear plugs during baths & swimming...they have become monkey drops & monkey plugs now.
Of course I had to get pictures to send to daddy...He looked so precious in his little gown & hat...
No comments:
Post a Comment