Friday, June 12, 2009

37 week update

I had my 37 wk visit yesterday (Thursday). My blood pressure was up more than usual & I've been swelling more & having a few headaches so I have to keep an eye on all that. All the swelling even caused me to gain 6 lbs in a week!!! EEEK I'm also dilated to 1 cm...progress atleast.

Jeremy I had been talking about the possibility of me having to be induced. I have been absoutely against it all along & was willing to just wait it out until Jaydon was ready to come out. Thursday morning before my appt Jeremy got a call with a start date for his flight school course--July 14. We thought (more like hoping) it would be in August so this is much earlier than anticipated. He gets 10 days of paternity leave. We figured that if I went to my due date of July 3 he would get 10 days with us & then immediately start class. Not to mention if I went over my due date he wouldn't even get those 10 days.
So we talked it over & decided to see if my dr would induce me a bit earlier. My doctor said he wouldn't induce before 38 1/2 wks so it looks like on June 23 we'll be meeting baby Jaydon finally!! Then we find out my dr is leaving for vacation on June 26-27 for atleast a week & he wouldn't be here to deliver Jaydon anyway if we waited. So I do feel better knowing that he arranged the induction when he's here & on call!
He wants me dilated to a 2 or 3 at my next appt on the 18th. If I'm not dilated any more I have to go in to the hospital the night of the 22nd to have some medicine adminsitered to help that along. Then on the morning of the 23rd I'll be induced. If I am dilated more we go in at 5am on the 23rd to get induced!

I've been feeling guilty for it since I was so against it to begin with. I feel like we're rushing Jaydon for our own convience & messing with God's will. Jeremy feels like we're picking his birthday-which technically we didn't pick the day, the dr did LOL But when I think about all the factors (schedules, my blood pressure, etc) I do feel a bit better about it. I just pray everything goes smoothly & Jaydon is fat & healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment