Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jaydon!

Jaydon arrived Tuesday June 23, 2009 at 649pm. He weighed 6lb 11.7oz & ws 19in long.

At my dr appt the Thurs before I was dilated 2cm & 70% effaced. It was enough that I didn't have to go in the night before to be induced.

We went in at 5am on the 23 to be induced. I was feeling a range of emotions but none of them were nerves. I was just excited & in disbelief that we were going to finally meet our little man that day! Once in my room I got IV fluids. By 7am my dr came in to check my cervix, break my water & start Pitocin. Him breaking my water was the weirdest feeling...felt like I was constantly urinating on myself LOL Light contractions started soon after but nothing I couldn't handle. By 930am the dr came back to check me again & I was dilated to 3cm & 80% effaced. I was still able to talk & breath normal & even update my facebook status. I was actually kind of bored & ready for things to progress. I figured hey, if this is all labor is I can handle it HA I was soon proven otherwise!

The nurse kept increasing the Pitocin & eventually the contractions were very strong. I breathed through them as long as I could as I didn't want an epidural. My dr was coming back at lunch time to check me again & I wanted to hold out on an epidural until atleast then. Eventually the contractions were too much to bear & I requested the epidural--only thing was it would take an hour to get it! I had to get 2 bags of fluids first. In the mean time my Dr checked me again & I was a "stretchy" 4/5 & 90% effaced. While waiting for the epidural I had 4 contractions in a row that lasted atleast a minute & a half & didn't ease off much so I requested Stadol to "numb" the pain but it only helped a little & made me feel drunk :)

After getting the epidural I felt much better but was numb ALL OVER; even though they said I'd still be able to feel & move my legs. I couldn't even scoot or roll over without someone moving me. But now I'm thankful for that strong epidural! Before I knew it I was complete but they let me labor another hour to get his head lower so I wouldn't have to push as long; which was fine with me.

At 623pm I started pushing with the nurse; Stef & Jeremy were holding my legs. Then the dr came in & I pushed a bit longer & at 649pm we met Jaydon!

I was speechless when I first saw him, all I could do was cry. It's the most amazing feeling to know that this child was created from our love & that I carried him for 9mths. After my infertility issues I never thought I'd have a child so I feel so blessed to have this little guy in my life.




So far Jaydon is a great baby. He's not very fussy & is breastfeeding great.

No comments:

Post a Comment