Sunday, April 5, 2009

An appt & a scare

On Monday we had our 26 wk OB appt. I really don't expect much out of these appointments anymore since we don't get an US but I love hearing his hearbeat on the doppler. This appt his HR was 140; a bit lower than the usual 155ish but still normal they said. I also have his the 150 lb mark! I always said I'd never be 150 again but I guess this little guy is worth it. I hope all this weigh falls off of me quickly. I know it will take some work but I love the gym & I love working out so I'll do whatever it takes to be "normal" again. And the dr would like me to gain 10-15 more pounds!! But like me & my step-sister say "9 months on, 9 months off"!

I also got my 1 hour glucose test done & got my rhogam shot. I drank 5oz of the nasty orange drink that tasted like orange soda without carbonation; it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either...just like a shot, chug it down HAHA I was terrified of the rhogam shot as I heard it burned when injected but it wasn't bad either. I got it in my hip & felt a little sting but I will say, getting the flu shot is waaay worse. We get our 3D/4D US on April 16. It's an optional US that insurance doesn't cover so we'll pay out of pocket. It will show his facial features, his boy parts, & everything else about him in 3D...like a real photo of him. I can't wait to see what he'll look like...I'm sure he'll have Jeremy's long legs & our long eyelashes. Hopefully he doesn't get my Dersch nose though ;) I now see the dr every 2 wks, time has flown by so far.

I had a scare yesterday & ended up in Labor & Delivery for a couple hours. Normally Jaydon is very, very active. But I didn't feel him from Friday afternoon on. (actually I yelled at Harley for jumping Fri night & that made him jump haha) I tried drinking OJ & soda & laying on my left side; I tried eating & laying on my left side both with no movement. After a nap I woke up to some light taps but nothing like his normal movements. I called L&D to see if I should be worried or not & they thought it best to come get a non stress test done. So off we went...the nurse couldn't keep track of his heartrate he was moving around so much. We could even hear his movements thru the doppler & I felt none of it. Once he got settled she got all the monitors adjusted & there we sat for an hour...thank goodness for iPhones & Everybody Loves Raymond! Turns out his heartrate is above the normal limits for 27 weeks & he's perfectly healthy & moving. I was worried about going in as I didn't want to seem like I was over-reacting. But it made me feel better & the nurse even said they'd rather me come in everyday than take the chance.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad all turned out ok! I can't believe you are almost going to meet your little one! Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete