Thursday, March 24, 2011

36 days down...

The longest we've been apart without seeing each other is 4 weeks when Jeremy was at NTC. Before that was when he was at WOCS for 6 weeks, but we got to see each other on Sundays at church & he wasn't on the other side of the world. I'm just now starting to realize that this is for real & he's not coming home tomorrow or next week or even next month.
We are very lucky & thankful to have Skype & the technology we do but I already feel that it's just not enough anymore--I want be able to touch his face, kiss & hug him. I know Jaydon would love to be able to wrestle & hug daddy again instead of seeing a blurry, slow version of him on a choppy internet connection. But until that day comes we will take what we can get with Skype be grateful we can see & talk to him.
It has been 36 days since I've seen or touched this handsome face.....

"No one can really explain the way it feels to miss someone so much that it feels like the air you breath weighs a hundred pounds. I'll never be able to tell you how I do what I do but I can tell you why--I do it because not doing it is not a option. I know that a life without him is my worst nightmare & this deployment is just a dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment