Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh what a day, what a day

I've always heard about this deployment gnome & how he likes to make everything that can go wrong go wrong when the husband is deployed. I don't believe I've felt his wrath yet (praying I don't ever) but these 10 days since Jeremy left have certainly given me a feel for Mr Gnome.

The day before he left Jaydon suddenly broke out in hives that lasted 4-5days. Benedryl didn't help so he eventually was given 5 days of liquid steriods. 24 hrs after the first dose (the hives were looking much better) he developed a 102 fever & diarrhea so I discontinued it.
The I started getting achy & feeling bad. After 4 days of congestion & headache I had to do something so I went to the dr with a sinus infection...my 4th since Thanksgiving. So I was on antibiotics & am now on daily allergy meds.
I think we made it 2-3 days doing ok until today.
Jaydon didn't sleep well last night & was just cranky this morning...he literally cried from 0930-1230. He was pulling his ears & hitting them-hard. Thankfully our doctors group has a weekend/night clinic so I called to get him in. 45min before his appt I decided I needed Starbucks so I was in line...5 cars in front of me & 5 behind me...when all the sudden he starts crying & coughing & BAM, projectile vomit all.over.the.place. I had no towels or extra clothes or anything but wipes & his cart/high chair cover. I ended up stripping him down & putting him in the stroller to run into Target to buy some clothes so we could get to the dr. Yes, I got some crazy looks for my 1/2 naked kid crying in his stroller and for dressing him right there in the childrens section.
He ended up with swollen lymph nodes & a red throat which thankfully isn't strep. So he's got some sort of virus going on that needs to run it's course. It just breaks my heart that he's so pitiful & sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment