Saturday, February 26, 2011

The hardest day ever...

...& that includes giving birth.
We've known for nearly a year when he would deploy & known the exact day for months. Nothing compares to the anticipation of an upcoming deployment; it's the worst thing ever. That is, until the day comes to tell him good-bye.
Alot of spouses/families just drop their soldier off at the hangar & tell them bye at home or in the parking lot. Let me tell you, that might be a whole lot easier than those last 10 minutes with them. I said next time Jeremy just might get dropped off at the hangar.
He had to be there bright & early (why we all look 1/2 awake) & we got to spend an hour & a half with him. We all held up pretty good until they called the final 10 minutes & then the final 3 minutes. I wanted to leave once he got called to formation but nooo, I just had to stay & watch him get on that bus & the bus pull away...
I've said that if the President or anyone in Washington attended one of these deployment ceremonies & saw the emotions of not only the families but saw these soldiers, grown men cry...maybe they'd be a bit more empathetic & it would make them think of what these deployments do to us...
Here's our last family photo for a year-- I already miss his arm around me-

Although Jaydon didn't really get what was going on when Jeremy grabbed his gun & bags to line up he realized things were changing...
These boys have my heart--
Jaydon decided to break out in hives (a reaction to amoxicillan) the night before Jeremy left. Poor guy was just covered in the itchy mess.



No comments:

Post a Comment