Friday, May 22, 2009

1 Baby Shower down...

...and still 2 more to go! I feel so blessed that so many people care enough about us & baby Jaydon to want to do so much for us/him!
After a very long 12 hour drive to IL , being 8 months pregnant & traveling with 2 dogs, I was completely exhausted! Thankfully, I have an awesome husband who drove the entire way (there & back) so I could just relax & sleep. We had a great visit & were able to fit in visits with pretty much everyone.
Again, I am very blessed to have 2 kind, generous sisters. Yes, Jamie's technically my step-sister but as long as we've known each other & been family it's honestly all the same; so she's my sister too. Both Jamie & Stefanie along with my mom, my grandma Phyllis & Polly gave me my shower. They did such a great job with decorations & games & food. I know everyone had a good afternoon.
The shower theme was King of the Jungle. I ljust loved the colors & all the deocorations.



I used to work with the sister of the most talented cake designer I know. Her cakes not only look great & are creative but taste amazing. I've been more excited about the cake than anything else! I emailed her the invitations & plates/napkins & gave her a general idea of what I wanted & this is what she came up with.



I waited very patiently to open gifts during game playing. I never realized how exhausting sitting in a rocking chair opening gifts could be. Half way through the gifts I had to stop & take a break.


I have to add that my nephew Peyton (in the 2nd picture above) kept asking "will Aunt Shannon's baby come out today" and "when will Aunt Shannon's baby be here". For 2 1/2 that boy has the smarts of someone waaay beyond his years! He would also hug & kiss my belly good bye. He's such a sweet boy I can only hope Jaydon is atleast half as sweet & smart as he is.



No comments:

Post a Comment