When I was house hunting everyone I talked to here said it doesn't get hot enough for central air so the houses don't tend to have it. The house we're renting doesn't. I was told it didn't get hot until after the 4th of July & just for maybe a week or so. BS!!! The house, my mom & I arrived June 22 & it quickly became miserably hot. Like 90+ degree days hot. I had 5 box fans, you know, to blow the hot air around, & I gave in & bought a portable AC unit. Thankfully, the one person I knew up here had a unit in storage so she's been so kind to let us use it too. (❤️ you Amber) The nights cool off A LOT so that helps. Lately it's even been quite chilly.
One thing I'm just now getting used to (besides the 2 hour time difference) is the fact it's daylight until 10pm. Thank God for blackout curtains!!
We've gone on a few adventures & I'll post more about those later. I think we're going to start a Pacific Northwest Bucket List for while we're here. Maybe that will make the upcoming rainy days better...
No comments:
Post a Comment