Once I was able to get inside to check out the "guts" I nearly had a panic attack. The downstairs was not framed the way I thought it would be...at. all. We had the original downstairs floor plan altered to make a utility room a 4th bedroom, move the 1/2 bath & add a stand up shower in it & to change a closet into the utility room. I was SO excited to have my utility room in the house since it was in the garage in the old house. To allow us to still have room in the family/rec room the house was going to be expanded back 3ft.
This is the closet turned utility room...which was framed 2-3ft too narrow so there's no way to fit a washer/dryer in there. So yet again, my washer/dryer has to be out in the garage as there is no room for it downstairs now.

Panic attack #2--a wood burning fireplace is supposed to be in this corner. It will have to be moved to the center of this wall now because the load bearing wall is right under the fireplace upstairs to line the chimneys up. It will still be wood burning but just in a different place.


The bathroom (to the right) was framed twice the size I thought it would be & took up way to much space in the family/rec room. Turns out it was framed to have a tub instead of just a stand up shower. To allow us more room I had it made back into a 1/2 bath. Because of this, the plumbing in the floor had to be "dug" up & rerouted.

As of now everything has been corrected except I'm still awaiting the fireplace...that's another blog though.
No comments:
Post a Comment