Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Living Room Redo

Onto the Living Room now...
When we moved to Ft Rucker the walls were dark red & the fireplace was it's original wood. Fast forward 6-8mths & the renter asked if they could paint--no problem. She didn't mention painting the fireplace but when we got the photos we saw it was painted...a horrible paint job at that. The lighter walls looked good, minus the gold sponging over it or whatever you call it.
I have to add my disclaimer about the before photos again::
**the furniture/decor/housekeeping abilities are not ours**
What you can't see in the AFTER photos is where my FIL had to cut a hole in the wall behind the couch to take the tub surround & shower out of the bathrooms! I about freked when I saw the hole. You also can't see the texture on the walls but it looks awesome. Lots of sanding & 3 coats of paint later the fireplace actually looks better white than it did the orignal wood (Jeremy doesn't agree though). We'd eventualy like to get a new mantle but this one will do for now.

BEFORE



AFTER

Funny story about this fan--well, we can laugh about it now--but this fan caused a HUGE fight between us. Jaydon & I went to IL while the finished the house. Jeremy emailed me a link to "this awesome fan" they found. The picture in the link showed an orange & yellow/goldish fan that was horrible looking. I said it was ugly & not way was it going to go in my house; not knowing they had already bought it. Once I saw the fan in real life I really like it & the picture in the link was a bad representation of it.

Jeremy likes to say he has a Chinook hanging from his ceiling since it so closely resembles one HAHA





1 comment:

  1. I like the fire place white, too. (PS-your dogs are adorable). Your story is exactly the reason why I do not want to rent our house out if we can't sell it the next time we PCS. My husband would probably say the same thing about the fan, LOL.
    You place looks so much nicer now!

    ReplyDelete