Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Who'da thunk it"...2 years later

"this day I will marry my best friend,
the one I laugh with,
live for,
love"
It all started with a "long time, no see/how are you" email while Jeremy was deployed. And 2 years 6 months later we're still going strong--thru flight school & an 11 week old baby at that!! Yes, you read right, we were together 6 months before we got married BUT we had a date (if you'd even call it that) in high school. We never in our wildest dreams thought we'd end up married with a baby & frequently just look at each other & Jeremy will say "who'da thunk it..."
2 years ago today we got hitched at the courthouse here in Alabama (which I have NO photos of LOL)On our 1 year anniversary we had a beach ceremony that was just beautiful. There was a hurricane that just passed through which made for some awesome waves & weather. It was so special to have most of our family here with us to celebrate.


I've learned the past 2 years that being married is one of the most difficult things I've had to adjust to...yes, even more difficult that having Jaydon! Being an independent woman & taking care of myself & having things MY way has been etched in my being for so long I'm just now learning to give some of that up! The Army way of life is like nothing I'd ever dreamed of for myself-& I've not even experienced the "real" Army yet! I look forward to many more years with this man, who I truly believe is my soulmate!
I love you babe!!!

1 comment: