As I sit here staring at empty walls & shelves I'm realizing how truly sad I am to leave Alabama. I honestly LOVE it down here. Perhaps I'm more sentimental because my life completely changed in ways I never imagined when we moved here but I just love it here & will miss everything about it! We got married & had a baby while down here! That's pretty much the major events of a person's life & now we're leaving all that behind.
I so badly want to raise my son here in the South. I want him to have the Southern charm the South is famous for. I want to instill the manners in him I've seen in other children & I love the family values that everyone seems to have. I know I can teach him this anywhere we live but if the children & people surrounding him have the same values then it's not as easy for him to disregard what we're teaching him.
I'm going to miss being so close to the beach (& my sister, even though she's moving soon too). I love the thought that if we're bored or have a free weekend we can just up & drive to the beach. In TN where do we go? To the lake? EWE
As hot & humid as it gets down here I'm going to miss it immensely. Yes, my curly hair frizzes & turns into an afro BUT I can deal with big hair better than I can 20 degree weather. I'm NOT looking forward to getting reacquainted with the cold North.
I have met some amazing people here too. All the people I work with at the hospital are friendly & super supportive of each other. I've learned so much from the people I've met here & I know that's part of the reason I'm going to miss this place so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I miss it too! I miss the sweet tea, the fritters, the funny people and the rolling hills of lush green fields. Ahhh... BAMA. :)
ReplyDeleteI think you'll be surprised at how similar TN is to AL in many aspects... it's still the south, but yeah it does suck that our water option is the lake... which, by the way, I do NOT get in. We do have the most fickle weather ever and one of the highest varieties of plants so allergies are rampent... but hey, I love it here. LOL it isn't 20 here that often, so you should be okay. :)
ReplyDelete